International Admissions

International Graduate

How to Apply - International Graduate Admissions

Currently there are a limited number of graduate programs international students are eligible to apply for at WCSU. These programs will be identified in the program description. Students who have an earned undergraduate degree in a country other than the United States must have their transcripts assessed by an appropriate educational service for a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation. This report will determine if the student completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, which is the minimum requirement for acceptance into any of WCSU’s graduate programs.

Graduate Programs Offered

Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
Visual Arts

Master of Science (MS)
Integrative Biological Diversity

Master of Business Administration (MBA)

Master of Business Administration (Cybersecurity)

How to apply:

Applications are due by the deadline as indicated on the application deadline page.

International students who apply will need to submit the following documents:

Please note: You must be accepted into a full-time program. Not all of our programs qualify for a visa.

What to do once you’re accepted
If you have recently been accepted, click here for info on obtaining your student visa.

International Graduate Tuition and Housing Costs

As non-residents, international students will be billed for out-of-state tuition at Western Connecticut State University.  The estimated costs per semester are listed on the Tuition and Financial Aid page. International students must show proof of sufficient funding in order to obtain a visa to study in the US.  Rates shown are for full-time graduates.

Keep in mind that the housing and meal costs estimated on the tuition and fees page represent average costs.  The exact price will depend on the type of room and meal plan the student selects –single, double, triple, or apartment-style.  More information on university residence halls and meal plans may be found at the Office of Housing and Residence Life.  Most international students choose to live off-campus in private apartments, in which case housing and meal costs will vary.

Health Insurance

Health insurance is mandatory for all graduate students unless they are covered by a private policy valid in the United States and have completed an online waiver.