This page of the WCSU Institutional Review Board (IRB) contains links for all materials/instructions necessary to submit an IRB proposal.
If you’re wondering Do I need IRB approval for this?, the answer is YES.
Luckily, a complete proposal includes only TWO main components:
- Completed Proposal Form (click to link)
- Respond in detail to all form’s questions, providing support materials as appendices (e.g., paste in consent forms, surveys, CFPs)
- Paste in actual signatures for all researchers involved/listed in proposal. Typed sigs not accepted (i.e., paste sig. image file into .doc). Students & anyone not WCSU-affiliated must get sig. of “WCSU sponsor” (e.g., professor or affiliate) to be considered for review, and
- CITI (see Main Tab at left) or equiv. Human Subjects training
- Attach only certifications not completed via WCSU’s CITI registration (i.e., we already have full records of those).
All WCSU IRB proposals/appendices must be received electronically as ONE complete file (.doc or .docx files ONLY) attachment emailed to IRB@wcsu.edu. Incomplete proposals (missing doc’s/sigs., not emailed as ONE .doc file) will not be reviewed.
WCSU IRB approval must be obtained before beginning human subjects data collection by, with, or on anyone affiliated with WCSU. Most proposals take ~2 weeks during regular semesters. The deadline for proposals needing Full Review is – without exception – the first of the month in which we meet. Full proposals submitted after 1st will be considered at next monthly meeting. WCSU IRB reviews proposals only during regular Fall & Spring semesters. Outside these times, responses to email inquiries will take ≥ month. All research proposed outside regular semesters must be received/processed in advance the semester prior. For Summers, May 15th is the last date Exempt/Expedited proposals will be reviewed (still May 1st deadline for Full Reviews).
AY 2020-21 Meetings
Until further notice, regular semester meetings will occur remotely. The deadline for proposals needing committee review will remain the 1st of the month (resuming September 2020). If you have a proposal for review, you will be notified where/when the meeting will occur (typically, “as needed” on Wednesdays at 8:00am in Student Center 228).
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
Direct IRB-related questions during regular semesters to the WCSU IRB Chair, Dr. Jessica Eckstein, at email@example.com.