Students with special education needs who…
- are 18–21 years of age.
- have met the high school academic requirements, but are still enrolled in high school.
- have demonstrated interest/ motivation to attend and complete assigned work in classes at WCSU.
- are able to perform with appropriate support in a college setting.
- 1-2 work experiences during high school preferred.
- are able to obtain and maintain competitive or supported employment in the community.
- have a desire for paid employment.
The successful application process involves…
- recommendation of the IEP Team.
- observation by program teacher in class and vocational settings.
- site visit by student/family.
- submission of application and supporting forms/evaluations.
- review by the Western Connection selection committee.
- family/guardian/school district agreement.