International Admissions: Costs and Financial Aid

As non-residents, international students will be billed for out-of-state tuition at Western Connecticut State University.  The estimated costs per semester are listed on the Admissions Office website.  International students must show proof of sufficient funding in order to obtain a visa to study in the US.  Rates shown are for full-time undergraduates.  For graduate costs, please see the graduate admissions website.

Keep in mind that the housing and meal costs estimated above represent average costs.  The exact price will depend on the type of room and meal plan the student selects –single, double, triple, or apartment-style.  More information on university residence halls and meal plans may be found at the Office of Housing and Residence Life.  Most international students choose to live off-campus in private apartments, in which case housing and meal costs will vary.

Health insurance is mandatory for all undergraduate students unless they are covered by a private policy valid in the United States and have completed an online waiver.

Unfortunately, international students are not eligible for Federal and State financial aid at Western Connecticut State University.  However, students may apply for some Western Connecticut State University scholarships after they have completed one year of study at WCSU. Several organizations in the U.S. provide loans and scholarships to international students, although they will require a U.S. resident to sign as a guarantor for the student. The following links provide excellent tips for foreign students paying for college in the United States.  Western Connecticut State University does not have direct knowledge of, nor does it endorse, any of the programs listed on these sites.

For more information, Western Connecticut State University International Services Office.