Alumni Ambassador Program
What an exciting time to be a part of WestConn! And what an exciting time to become an alumni volunteer.
Volunteer leadership is critical to the success of the university. In an attempt to expand regional programming for alumni, we are inviting you to give of your time and talent by becoming an alumni leader in your community by serving as an Alumni Ambassador.
As an alumni ambassador, you would be a designated liaison for other alumni in your geographical area. You can represent the university in a variety of ways. Examples of the roles Alumni Ambassadors play include:
- coordinating/hosting social and educational activities for alumni and new students in your area;
- assisting the alumni and development staff in engaging alumni in your area;
- welcoming new alumni who move into your area and providing assistance as requested;
- serving as a resource person by providing the university and alumni with knowledge of your area;
- being knowledgeable about the university and promoting it by talking to those in your area about the university, its goals, programs and mission;
- collecting news articles about the university and alumni in your area and submitting it to the Alumni Office.
We realize that our alumni face many competing priorities and, therefore, your level of involvement as an alumni ambassador is completely up to you.
Interested? Please take a moment to complete the Alumni Ambassador Reply Form. Based on the roles you are comfortable with, we will be able to help you plan your ambassadorship and shape it to meet your needs. Remember, we are with you every step of the way.
The mission and goals of WestConn can only be achieved with the help of dedicated alumni volunteers. We look forward to hearing your thoughts regarding your role as an alumni ambassador and the types of programming you believe would be of interest to your fellow alumni.
Director of Alumni Relations