Hometown: New Milford, Conn.
Major: Computer Science
WCSU Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Computer Science
Internships: Web development Internship at Consumer Reports
Some students come to WCSU from across the country and others from around the corner. Scott Arcuri is one of those students who .. [read more...]
2011 Commencement Highlights
Nearly 1,020 students received undergraduate degrees as friends, families and loved ones filled the Westside Athletic Complex stadium on Sunday, May 22, for WestConn’s 113th commencement. N.Y. Knicks assistant general manager and humanitarian Allan Houston spoke about “Finding Your True Value” and was awarded a Doctorate of Humane Letters.
At a separate graduate commencement ceremony on Friday, May 20, in the Feldman Arena of the William O’Neill Athletic and Convocation Center, 164 students received graduate degrees. Several educators also received doctoral degrees. Commencement speaker Stephen F. Angel, president and CEO of Praxair Inc., discussed “Creating A Legacy.”
As important as the actual degrees received are the feelings of accomplishment and satisfaction experienced by our graduates. Whether they enrolled at WestConn upon graduating from high school, after a stint at a community college or other university, or after decades in the workforce — every member of the Class of 2011 had something to celebrate at commencement.
Following are highlights of commencement weekend, in images, video and narrative.
WCSU Commencement In the News
- Allan Houston scores with guidance for graduates
- Western Connecticut State University held its graduation May 22 awarding undergraduate degrees
- Mother and son from Danbury graduate Western Connecticut together
- Houston urges WestConn grads to find true value
- WestConn undergrads in Danbury accept their degrees
- WestConn grads told to 'prepare, prepare, prepare'
- WestConn graduate students earn their degrees
- Mother and son to graduate in WestConn ceremony Sunday