Exploring Majors and Careers
After completing this module you should be familiar with how to Explore Majors and Careers. Get started on designing your future with help from the WCSU Career Success Center which can help you throughout and beyond your academic journey. After reviewing the content below you should better understand:
- The need for and value of using Career Success Center resources throughout your WCSU journey,
- The importance and ease of logging into and using Handshake, the unique software that connects you with the Career Success Center, peers and employers,
- Your assessed disposition toward certain majors and career preferences, and
- How to map your future through exploration, classes and career planning.
Timing & Prerequisites
This module should take about 45 minutes to complete. Before you start this module make sure you have your Western Connecticut State University username and password, and the Focus2 (Assessment and Career Planning) software password is “CareerSuccess” (case sensitive).
Review the following content about Exploring Majors and Careers which will get you started on your journey:
Checking Your Understanding
Complete this module by …
- Ask yourself how you can use this information for my benefit today and in selection of a major?
- What surprised you about your assessment results? Do you think they accurately describe you?
- Visit the WCSU Career Success Center Online or In-Person in room 300 of the Westside Campus Center (when permissible).
- Take a look at the 2020-2021 Career and Life Design Guide available online and in hard copies around campus.