WCSU Returns to Normal, Reopening Information and Covid-19 Updates


Travel Advance

It is possible to request an advance for expenses if funds are available. Requests for a travel advance must be indicated on the Travel Authorization along with the amount requested and must be received in the Travel Office at least two (2) weeks prior to departure. Advances are restricted to 80% of the total approved for reimbursement on the Travel Authorization exclusive of airfare or rail purchased through the current State Travel Agent or any other University or System Office prepayments, and must be in excess of $100.00.

The travel advance will be received by the traveler approximately three business days prior to departure either by ACH (direct deposit) or check.

A Travel Advance Agreement must be signed by the requesting traveler prior to or upon receipt of these funds. The agreement states that the traveler will submit a completed Travel Reimbursement form with the required documentation to the Travel Office within thirty (30) calendar days after completion of the trip. If the advance was greater than the total expenditure, the traveler will return the excess to the Travel Office with the completed Travel Reimbursement form. The check should be made payable to the traveler’s university (“Central Connecticut State University”, “Eastern Connecticut State University”, “Western Connecticut State University”, “Southern Connecticut State University”; or, for the System Office, “Board of Regents System Office”) that issued the travel advance. Receipt of a travel advance does not exempt the traveler from filing a Travel Reimbursement form. Advances will not be given when a traveler has an outstanding advance or has an outstanding travel reimbursement which has been due for 30 calendar days or more. The request will be held until such time as the outstanding balance has been paid or a reimbursement request has been filed with the Travel Office. Also, the Internal Revenue Service requires that advances that remain outstanding for more than 120 days be added to a traveler’s taxable compensation.

<  Table of Contents