WCSU Returns to Normal, Reopening Information and Covid-19 Updates


Travel Expenses for Students

Students may be reimbursed for their expenses while traveling for the Connecticut State University System, performing services on behalf of the Connecticut State University System or representing the Connecticut State University System by any one of the following procedures, depending on which is most appropriate and convenient.

  • Undergraduate or graduate students may travel in-state or out-of-state under the same regulations and procedures as any University employee. An approved Travel Authorization is required for all out-of-state travel and any in-state travel involving any non-mileage expense greater than $50.00 per trip. Upon return from the trip, a Travel Reimbursement form must be submitted to the Travel Office within 30 calendar days after completion of the trip with all required original receipts attached. Reimbursement of expenses will be consistent with established travel policies.

  • A student may obtain a travel advance for up to 100% of the cost of the trip.  However, student advances are the responsibility of the sponsoring department. A completed Travel Reimbursement form with the required documentation must be submitted to clear the advance within 30 calendar days after completion of the trip.  Also, the Internal Revenue Service requires that advances that remain outstanding for more than 120 days be added to a traveler’s taxable compensation.

  • When student(s) travel with an employee and are being covered under the employee’s travel authorization, a list of the students must be attached to the employee’s travel authorization and submitted to the Travel Office. The employee will receive the advance, pay all costs of the trip and submit the Travel Reimbursement form with receipts covering aggregate expenses of the employee and all students within 30 calendar days.

<  Table of Contents