- This event has passed.
ADHD in the Classroom
October 13 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pmFree
ADHD IN THE CLASSROOM: Attend this virtual discussion via Webex from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
• What are the most common challenges for a college student with ADHD
• Discussion on the various classroom and instructional strategies and how to identify the ones that work for your classroom (addressing memory deficits, improving reading and writing skills, fostering math skills, homework, and long term projects)
• How ADHD impacts organizational skills and strategies to help students
• How ADHD impacts time management skills and strategies to help students
• How executive function deficits lead to emotional and behavioral challenges
Dr. Michael Meinzer
Michael Meinzer, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) where he directs the Young Adult and Adolescent ADHD Services Lab. He also serves as the Director of UIC’s SUCCEEDS College ADHD Clinic. His research focuses on examining the outcomes of and explanations for ADHD and co-occurring psychopathology in adolescents and young adults. Further, Dr. Meinzer works to develop and implement tailored services to address ADHD and co-occurring psychopathology in adolescents and young adults as well as to collaborate with community partners to increase access to evidence-based services for this population. His research has been supported by the National Institute for Mental Health and been published in top-tier journals. He was also awarded a Young Scientist Research Award by CHADD. Dr. Meinzer serves on the editorial board for Journal of Attention Disorders and is a Consulting Editor for the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology and Clinical Research Digest. He is also the Chair of the ADHD Special Interest Group for the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT).
Discussants and Q&A:
Dr. Ree Gunter-LeBlanc, Director of Counseling Services
Ms. Elisabeth Werling-Morel, Director of AccessAbility Services
Event hosted by:
– CHADD https://chadd.org/
– CELT https://www.wcsu.edu/celt/
– WCSU Counseling Services https://www.wcsu.edu/counseling/
– WCSU AccessAbility Services https://www.wcsu.edu/accessability/