Office of Sponsored Research and Administrative Services
The Office of Sponsored Research and Administrative Services is a unit within
the Division of Academic Affairs and its mission is to promote extramural
funding for research and scholarly activity, and to support University
initiatives. This office provides pre-award through post-award administrative
management for all sponsored projects at Western Connecticut State University.
Faculty and staff members are strongly encouraged to consult with this office in
the beginning stages of project development.
Among the services offered are:
- Identification of funding sources
- Information/guidance on assurances issues (e.g. research with human subjects or vertebrate animals)
- Notification of upcoming grant/ fellowship deadlines
- Assistance with proposal preparation and submission
- Liaison with funding agencies
- Workshops and individual consultations
- Post- award assistance
The Office of Sponsored Research and Administrative Services is an intermediate between researchers (i.e. faculty, staff, and students) and the Institutional Review Board (human subjects) as well as the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (vertebrate animals).
For assistance with funding regarding any school affiliated project, please contact Gabrielle Jazwiecki, the Director of the Office of Sponsored Research and Administrative Services at (203) 837-8281 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.