February 15, 2019 – for Fall 2019 study abroad
February 15 through mid-April for Summer 2019 study abroad
August 30, 2019 – for Spring 2020 study abroad
For more than 25 years, Western has been a member institution of ISEP, a program that allows our students to study abroad through the ISEP network anywhere in the world. You can go for one semester or an entire year. Remember to apply about 6 months in advance of your travel to be considered in the priority pool of applicants. There are also short-term summer programs available through ISEP.
- Be enrolled at WCSU in good academic standing
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Have completed at least one academic year of college study at Western at the time the exchange program begins
My experience was amazing! Life-changing. It opened my eyes and I have a greater understanding of a lot of things, as well as more patience. I am humbled. I learned a lot about the world, others, and myself.
– Mary Sheppard ’16 (WCSU student to Bulgaria)
Can I Study Abroad?
Yes, you can! Western is a member institution of ISEP which means our students can go abroad to other ISEP member universities anywhere in the world at no additional cost other than what it costs to go to Western. This includes tuition, room and board, and additional expenses such as round-trip airfare, visa application fee, insurance and the $100 ISEP application fee.
** FINANCIAL AID WILL APPLY ON BOTH EXCHANGE AND DIRECT
Why Study Abroad?
- There are more than 300 sites available on 6 continents.
- In most countries, English is the language of instruction.
- Financial aid will apply to your semester abroad!
- You can receive credit toward your degree at WCSU for courses satisfactorily completed abroad. These courses can be free electives, general education courses or, after consultation with the department chair in your major, courses required for your major.
- You may study abroad for either one or two semesters, or a short-term summer program.
- Your chances of employment or acceptance to graduate school are enhanced. Read about a recent WCSU graduate who’s pursuing a Master’s degree abroad.
- Your global perspective is broadened by becoming immersed in a different culture.
I experienced a world far beyond my “original” comfort zone, but grew more into the person I want to be.
– Alexandria Almeida ’13 (WCSU student to the Netherlands)
You can do this! – We can help!
Your friends who study abroad report life-changing experiences!
Click on the link at right to hear what some of them have to say.
Contact the International Services Coordinator to go over the application process:
Phone: (203) 837-3270
Midtown Student Center, Room 207