After completing this module on Note Taking you will better understand:
- Some of the habits and practices that contribute to academic success in university,
- Why notes are an important part of learning in college and what makes effective notes,
- Basic strategies for taking good notes,
- How to effectively study from notes, and
- How to take notes in an online environment.
Timing & Prerequisites
This module should take about 20 – 30 minutes to complete. You should complete this module early in the semester (within the first 4 weeks) in order to develop the necessary notetaking skills to take effective notes in college.
Review the following content about Note Taking and then check your understanding below.
Checking Your Understanding
Complete this Note-Taking Reflection Quiz in order to check your understanding.