Graduates in the Spotlight

Quinn Fleeting

Image of Quinn FleetingHometown: Windsor, Connecticut

Major:  Management Information Systems

WCSU Degree:  Bachelor of Business Administration in MIS

Activities: WCSU Football Team, math tutor at Jumoke Academy and coordinator for after-school program at the Hartford Police Academy

INTERNSHIPS: Iron Mountain IT department

Honors and Awards: Football Team Captain, Division 2/3 Golden Helmet award, First Team All Conference and Offensive Player of the Year

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quinn Fleeting began his college career at Central Connecticut State University as an accounting major. The opportunity to play football for WestConn led him to transfer here and change his major to Management Information Systems.

“It’s a great field to major in because there will always be jobs for IT majors,” Fleeting says. “It also makes my resume versatile for what I want to do later in life.”

At WestConn, Fleeting found a mentor in his coach. “Coach Joe Loth became a person who I can trust, because he was the only college coach who I came in contact with that gave me a shot and believed in me.”

Asked what he will remember most about his WestConn experience, Fleeting says it was the first home football game of the 2017 season. “Our student fans are some of the best,” he says.

After graduation, Fleeting hopes to be a police officer in his hometown and open up his own business.

His advice to new students entering WCSU is: “Stay focused and don’t get distracted by things outside your studies. For student-athletes, make sure you have great time management as far as sports and your studies. If your goal after college is to play a sport, that’s fine, but make sure you keep your studies in place because sports will always be temporary, but your success and knowledge is forever.”