EdD Instructional Leadership Checklist Requirements
For additional information, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (203) 837-8243.
All program materials are available at EdD Leadership
__ 1. a completed application form: EdD Application (online)
__ 2. evidence of educational experience in a PK-12 setting:
a. a copy of your educator certificate(s) and
b. documentation of at least three years of full-time educational experience in a PK-12 setting (e.g., documentation of employment from your school’s Human Resources office or a letter from an administrator who works in your accredited institution).
__ 3. a one- to two-page résumé
__ 4. a $100 nonrefundable fee
__ 5. official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended; a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.67 for all previous graduate course work is recommended
Please arrange for the following to be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions at WCSU:
__ 6. an official score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is required (WCSU Testing Center). The MAT must be taken within the past five years. In addition, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for all international students. Please note the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is waived for the 2020-2021 cohort.
__ 7. three recommendations attesting to your professional educational qualifications and ability to complete a doctoral program. At least one of these recommendations must be completed by someone in a supervisory capacity in an educational setting. The official WCSU form must be used for the completion of all recommendations. Recommendation Form
__ 8. a completed immunization form: Health Form
Documents can be mailed to Western Connecticut State University, 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810 Attention: Office of Graduate Admissions or sent as attachments to Graduate Admissions
- Admission to the program will be determined after a satisfactory interview with designated WCSU representatives from the Ed.D. admissions committee.
- Please do not send any additional materials.
- Admission to the Ed.D. Program in Instructional Leadership is competitive.
- Cohorts consist of approximately 20 to 25 candidates.
- Review of application materials begins March 1 and continues through mid-August. All admission requirements must be received by the Office of Graduate Admissions at least one month prior to the beginning of classes for the first course in each cohort sequence.
- This program is based on a cohort model that accepts students every other year.