Office of Graduate Studies


Western Connecticut State University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact the New England Commission of Higher Education, 3 Burlington Woods Drives, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803-4531; (781) 425-7785; info@neche.orgcreate new email. In addition, the university is accredited by the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education.


Individual programs at the university are accredited by:

The Connecticut State Department of Education

The American Chemical Society

The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business

The Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.

The Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education

The Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs

The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation

The Council for Health Education Programs

The Council on Social Work Education (Baccalaureate level)

The National Association of Art and Design (NASAD)

The National Association of Schools of Music

The National Association of Schools of Theatre