Freshman Applicant Requirements for Admission
WestConn requires that candidates for admission have a high school diploma from an accredited secondary school or an equivalency diploma. General Educational Development (GED) scores must be converted into a State of Connecticut Equivalency Diploma. The following guidelines must also be met:
- SAT (1000 guideline) ACT also accepted
- Rank in Class (top one-third guideline)
- B- average in the following:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years math (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2)
- 2 years social sciences, including US History
- 2 years of laboratory sciences
- 2 to 3 years of foreign language (3 recommended)
- Each applicant is assessed individually.
- Nursing, Education, and Business may have higher requirements.
Your application package must include:
- a completed signed application form
- a $50 non-refundable application fee
- SAT 1 or ACT test scores (or placement exams scores)
- official copy of your high school transcript or equivalency diploma
- two letters of recommendation
- optional: a personal essay and/or interview with a counselor
For those applying for the fall semester, notification of admission begins on December 1 and continues on a rolling basis. A reply to our offer of admission must be received by May 1. Rolling admissions for the spring semester begin on October 1. Note that although most freshmen enter WestConn in the fall, roughly 10% enter in other semesters.
All students wishing to enroll in all music degrees or musical theatre must first pass an audition. To learn more about the audition process for music degrees, please visit the Music Department Audition Information page, or call 203-837-8350. To learn more about the audition process for musical theatre, please visit the Musical Theatre Audition Information page.