Smokey Joe' s Café, is Broadway' s longest running musical revue. It is a red-hot evening of rock-and-roll and rhythm and blues standards by songwriters Leiber and Stoller. With such audience favorites as "Yakety Yak," "I'm a Woman," and "Stand by Me" belted out by a diverse cast of singers and dancers, and performed in our brand new Studio Theatre, this will surely be an evening to remember. Book early as seating is extremely limited. Julio Agustin (Matos, Jr.), Director
Chair, Department of Theatre Arts
Coordinator for Musical Theatre Program
Technical Director for the Theatre Facility
Secretary, Department of Theatre Arts
Theatre Arts at WestConn
Don't just dream it.....Act on it!
The Department of Theatre Arts provides a strong theoretical and practical approach to the study of the art and craft of theatre. Students who major in theatre arts prepare for graduate studies and/or careers directly related to performance, design/technology, management and dramaturgy. Students also combine theatre studies with other majors and/or minors such as music, art and media, to enhance work opportunities within the entertainment industry. [read more ...]
Areas of Study
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts
Concentrations in Performance, Design/Technology, Theatre Arts Management, Drama Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theatre
- Professional Resident Faculty
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival Participation
- Yearly New York City Showcase, "WCSU Off-Broadway"
- Children's Theatre and Community Outreach Programs
- Workshops with N.Y. Stage, TV and Film Professionals
- Internships possible with New York City and Connecticut Regional and Professional theatres.