Online Education at WestConn Catalog Information Sheet
In order to offer one or more of your courses through Online Education at WestConn, you will need to complete the following form. An online course at WestConn is defined as totally online with no required in-person meetings.
The faculty member offering the course is responsible for obtaining necessary approvals and ensuring that the following steps are taken to complete the form:
- Faculty completes the necessary steps to make the class available, securing the necessary approvals and citing it will be taught via Online Education at WestConn.
- Faculty completes the Online Education at WestConn course offering form (electronic email submission required).
- Faculty forwards it, via email, to their department chair for their approval/signature.
- Next, the Online Education at WestConn form is forwarded, via email, to their dean for their approval/signature.
- Upon the dean's approval, the form should be sent via email to Provost Dr. Jane McBride Gates at email@example.com. We suggest you CC your department chair.
Your course information will then be placed on the Online catalog, the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium website and may be listed on Internet search engines.
If you have not taught online using Blackboard Learn before, you will need to arrange for training with Information Technology & Innovation. For more information about training or Blackboard Learn visit the E-learning website http:/wcsu.edu//technology/elearning/, or contact the Information Technology & Innovation Help Desk at 837-8467, or via email Training@wcsu.edu.
Please call 837-8400 or email Provost Dr. Jane McBride Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this form, or about Online Education at WestConn in general.