Latest updates on WCSU's response to COVID-19


Access Requests


All Access Requests for faculty and staff must be submitted by the appropriate department chair or division head.  Secretaries may submit the forms electronically, copied to the head or chair.

Access requests must be made for any secured area, including building exterior doors, interior office and classroom doors, labs, practice rooms, and any other specialty areas.

Please note that residence hall access for resident students and housing staff is managed directly by Housing and Residential Life.  Employees who require access to the residence halls however, should still submit their access requests to the WESTCONNect Office.

Each department is responsible for maintaining records of their access requests. In situations where the specific area requested is outside of the department’s area of responsibility, then authorization from the appropriate managing department will be requested. To learn more about access request or to submit a form, view the instructions here or download the current form here.

All keys are inventoried through a computerized key inventory system maintained by the university locksmiths. Each key issued is assigned to an individual who is responsible for its use/misuse. Please do not loan your keys to others, or provide unauthorized access to restricted areas by unlocking doors for others. Please do not “swap” keys with others as you are still responsible for the keys issued to you through the key inventory system. If there is a need to reassign keys please contact the WESTCONNect Office staff.

All individuals granted card or key access agree to the WESTCONNect Access Receipt and Responsibility Statement.

Access Request Process

All access should be submitted on the official access request form. No old forms, emails requests, or spreadsheets will be accepted.  Only forms with authorization from the appropriate Department or Division Heads or Deans in the form of a signature or inclusion on an e-mailed form will be accepted.  To obtain a copy of the instructions for access submission, click here.


Expiration Dates

All students, university assistants, adjunct faculty, part time employees, and contractors  are granted access for the current semester (Fall, Winter Intersession, Spring, and Summer). At the end of the semester when the access was requested, it will expire.

Full time staff and faculty do not have expiration dates on their clearance assignments unless specified.