Welcome from the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Missy Alexander
Welcome to the new academic year at WCSU. We are so happy to have you here and we’re excited to be your partners on the path to success. Our mission states:
Western Connecticut State University changes lives by providing all students with a high-quality education that fosters their growth as individuals, scholars, professionals, and leaders in a global society.
In those few words we are both committing to your success and encouraging you to reach for those relationships and experiences that will help you become accomplished and confident graduates in just a few short years. We want you to take advantage of everything we offer in and out of the classroom.
In keeping with our six core values we challenge you to
- strive for excellence in all that you do.
- express your curiosity by exploring new ideas and striving to know the unknown.
- enter into dialogues that make you question your assumptions about everything.
- engage fully with the WCSU community—in the classroom, the campus centers, at events, or in study groups – to form life-long friends and mentors.
- seize your opportunities to learn, to travel, to intern, to volunteer, and to lead.
- practice respect for all through your words and your deeds in support of a civil society.
Our mission and values inspire us to work toward creating an extraordinary educational experience for all of the WCSU community. We ask you to join us on our journey toward that goal.
Have a wonderful year,
Dr. Missy Alexander
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs