Activate ID Card
Activate your First ID Card
Cards that were issued remotely at residence halls or via mailings, will need to be activated in order to use the card services. When printed, the cards are marked as lost, to place the accounts on hold. For security purposes, the cardholder needs to log in to the secure website and activate the card, by following the steps outlined below.
Activation of a Found ID Card
Card that are reported as lost on the website may be reactivated by the cardholder when found. Note that only the most current card may be reactivated. If you have had multiple replacement cards, only the most recently printed card will be reactivated. If you are unsure about which card is the most recent card, please contact the WESTCONNect Office for assistance. Activating a card not in your possession may allow someone else to use your card without authorization.
You must have an active university computer account
Students: Your computer account information was emailed to the email address you provided during the Admissions process.
Faculty/Staff: Your computer account information was emailed to the email address you provided during the hiring process.
Please check your personal email account and follow the instructions. If you are experiencing an issue you are unable to resolve, please contact our service desk at RequestIT@wcsu.edu or call them at 203-837-8467.
Use your university computer account username and password.
- confirm you are using an updated browser
- your username is not your university email account
- If you need to reset your university computer account password, please visit the IT&I Department website at: WCSU Windows account reset
3. From the left hand menu choose “Report Found Card”
- Choose “yes” to report a found card and submit
- Your card will be confirmed as activated.