Message from the ANS Chair
Welcome WCSU Nursing Alumni!
My name is Dr. Monica Sousa and I am Chair of the WCSU Alumni Nursing Society. Both Lois Crucitti and I initiated this organization in 2013. We are a chapter of the WCSU Alumni Association. This organization has proven vital in maintaining the excellence of nursing at the university and helping the program to advance the leadership in nursing education.
There are many reasons for alumni to stay in touch and involved. Keep your lifelong relationship with WestConn a strong one. We encourage you to:
- Update your contact information and share news with fellow alumni.
- Follow us on Facebook- WCSU Alumni Nursing Society
- Stay up-to-date with our news.
- Attend university and alumni events.
- Encourage the next generation of WestConn nurses through your experiences (career events, networking, volunteering in the skills lab).
- Continue your education at WCSU (MSN – APRN or CNS and Ed.D – Educational Leadership in Nursing Education).
- Visit the WCSU Alumni Nursing Society table at Homecoming (Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018).
Membership in the WCSU Alumni Nursing Society will help provide funding for the career mentoring program, establishment of additional nursing scholarships, publishing the annual Alumni Nursing Society newsletter and the “Spring Event”. The cost of membership is $25 annually.
WestConn has produced many great nurses throughout its many years. Our goal is to keep you connected to your colleagues and the nursing program.
Visit the new Simulation Labs in White Hall. They are state of the art, and a proud legacy as to how far we have come in technology! You can check out our virtual tour of the Simulation Labs by clicking the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6eJ0PIbGS8.
We greatly encourage interest and participation in this alumni organization. Questions / Comments email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Chair and Co-Founder: Dr. Monica Perry Sousa Ed.D., ACNS-BC, APRN ’04, ’10, ’16
Co-Founder: Lois Crucitti RN, MSN, ’71, ’97