The Center for Student Involvement creates an environment in which all students and student organizations are encouraged and aided in the development of positive social, cultural, intellectual, recreational, and leadership programs and activities. The Center for Student Involvement staff supports this by:
- Providing opportunities for student enrichment through participation in the extracurricular events, programs and trips
- Assisting in the formation and recognition of new student organizations
- Providing support for the successful integration of student sponsored events with collaborating departments
- Assisting and advising student organizations in the planning, organization, supervision of their club functions; setting goals and objectives and practicing sound budgetary procedures
- Assisting clubs with the operation of their organization in accordance with the rules and regulations established by various University organizations, including the Student Government Association, the Cashier’s Office, and the Center for Student Involvement
- Providing leadership development programs to enhance the effectiveness of student leaders
- Facilitating communication among student organizations, the Student Government Association and the other areas at the university.
Student life is a collective effort at Western Connecticut State University. Students with a common bond may seek to form a student organization. The Student Government Association has the responsibility to provide financial assistance to the group if it meets the SGA’s club and budgetary criteria. The Center for Student Involvement aids with event organization and execution, leadership development and group dynamics to meet the needs of the organization.