Your WESTCONNect Card will serve as your official university identification. The card is used to provide access to secured areas, make purchases, validate activities and events, allow library privileges, and more.
Follow the 4 steps below to insure that your permanent WESTCONNect Card will be created before the semester begins. Cards will be mailed to the address on file with the Registrar’s Office for commuter students. If you prefer to pick up your card, please send an email to the office.
Resident students may pick up the card during move in only at the residence halls for resident students. After move in weekend, cards must be picked up at the WESTCONNect Office.
If you are not able to submit a photo electronically, you may come to the WESTCONNect Office to have your photo taken. Please be sure to have a form of photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state ID card, high school ID) with you when you visit the office. EXPECT A WAIT.
RETURNING STUDENTS: There is a $15 charge for a replacement card. If you would like to submit a new photo and pay the $15 charge, please complete the Replacement Cards form before submitting a photo.
1. Activate your University Computer Account
Be sure you have activated your university computer accounts, including your university email account. Newly enrolled students have been sent an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address they provided Admissions, with instructions on how to activate their WCSU Account. Please check your personal email account and follow the instructions. If you are experiencing an issue you are unable to resolve, please contact our service desk at RequestIT@wcsu.edu or call them at 203-837-8467.
2. Submit a Photo
Submit a photo using the photo submission website at: WESTCONNect WebCard Center
Instruction Guide: Instructions for Photo Submission on the Web
3. Upload an ID to verify your identity
Submit a Valid ID in addition to your photo. This ID may be a driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID, or other school ID card. This information is required so that we are able to virtually confirm your identity in order to issue you the WESTCONNect Card. If you do not upload an ID, then your photo will be rejected. Please note that this ID document is deleted automatically when the photo is approved. If your photo is rejected, the ID document is saved for 48 hours to allow time for you to submit a new photo for approval. If no action is taken, the ID document will be deleted after the 48 hour time period.
4. Check for a Verification Email
Check your WCSU email for a confirmation that your submitted folder was approved or rejected. If rejected, please submit a new photo following the requirements.
WCSU Photo Requirements:
- Use a recent, color photo. You may smile, or not. Do not make facial expressions that distort your facial features.
- A white, or light colored background is required. (Tip: Use a towel, sheet, or large piece of paper as a background.)
- Bright, even lighting is required. The photo may not be too bright, too dark, or too blurry.
- Use a centered, frontal view of your full face, no profiles. Do not use angles or head tilt poses.
- The photo must be a head shot only, and include the area from your collarbone to the top of your head.
- No hats, head coverings, sunglasses, or Snapchat/Instagram filters.
- Eyes must be open. Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so.
- Only include yourself in the photo. Photos that include other individuals or pets will not be accepted.
- Inappropriate photos will be denied and may be referred to the Office of Judicial Affairs for disciplinary action.
- Acceptable file formats include: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, and .png.
- Maximum pixel size: 600px by 400px.
- Maximum file size: 2 MB.