Cashier's Office

The Cashier’s Office is responsible for the billing and collection of all monies due the University, operating under the guidelines and policies set forth by the CSU Board of Trustees.

The Cashier’s Office is located on the first floor of the Old Main building on the Midtown Campus.

The mailing address is:181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810

Office Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday

Telephone: 203.837.8381
Fax:             203.837.9075


Message Board:

  • Bills for the Spring semester are scheduled to be posted online on November 20th and payment is due December 15th.
  • Payment for summer and intersession classes is due upon registration.
  • Spring 2019: Classes begin on Tuesday, January 22. The last day for students to add/drop classes is Tuesday, January 29.
  • Non-attendance of classes does not entitle students to a credit on their tuition and fee bill, formal withdrawal is required.  New incoming students need to notify the Admissions Office at 203.837.9000, returning undergrad students need to formally withdraw with the Registrar’s Office at 203.837.9200,  Graduate students need to withdraw through the Graduate Office at 203.837.8244. To ensure a full credit on refundable fees, withdraw prior to the first day of classes. For more information, select the Withdrawal and Refund Policy from the left hand menu options.
The Cashier’s Office will be closed on the following days:
  • Tuesday, December 25, 2018, Christmas Holiday
  • Tuesday, January 1, 2019, New Years Day
  • Monday, January 21, 2019, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
  • Friday, February 14, 2019 – Monday February 18, 2019, Presidents Day

1098t Student Tax Form Information

Change of Reporting Method for Tax Year 2018 – Box 1 Reporting Required for 2018 Tax Year

In previous years, your 1098-T included a figure in Box 2 that represented the qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) we billed to your student account for the calendar (tax) year. Due to a change to institutional reporting requirements under federal law, beginning with tax year 2018, we will report in Box 1 the amount of QTRE you paid during the year.

Depending on your income (or your family’s income, if you are a dependent), whether you were considered full or half-time enrolled, and the amount of your qualified educational expenses for the year, you may be eligible for a federal education tax credit. (You can find detailed information about claiming education tax credits in IRS Publication 970, page 9.)

The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098-T may assist you in completing IRS Form 8863 – the form used for calculating the education tax credits that a taxpayer may claim as part of your tax return.

Western Connecticut State University is unable to provide you with individual tax advice, but should you have questions, you should seek the counsel of an informed tax preparer or adviser.

For more information about Form 1098-T, visit

FAQ’s – TRANSPORTATION FEE: Effective fall 2018, the UPass will be available to both full and part time undergraduate students that are taking at least one on campus class in the current semester, fall or spring only. The transportation fee is a mandatory fee and cannot be waived

Who is eligible for the U-Pass?

Any full- or part-time undergraduate student at the participating community colleges and universities. You must be taking at least one class in the current semester, fall or spring only. At this time graduate students as well as exclusively online students are not eligible for the program.

How long is the pass valid?

The fall semester U-Pass is valid August 1 through December 31. The spring semester U-Pass is valid January 1 through July 31.

What is the cost?

Each undergraduate student is charged $20 per semester (fall and spring) for the pass (special student rate; normal cost to public is $63/month). The transportation fee is an institutional charge so financial aid may be applied.

What happens if a student attends multiple CSCU schools?

Students will only be charged once for the pass. Students will have to request a waiver after the payment of the first fee.

How and when do students get the U-PASS?

Students can go to the Information Desk located in the student/campus centers on the Midtown or West Side Campus to pick up the U-Pass. It is anticipated that the passes will be available for the fall by August 15th and for the spring by January 1.

Where and on what types of transportation can the U-Pass be used?

The U-Pass CT is valid for unlimited rides on local & express buses in Connecticut, CTfastrak, Shore Line East, Hartford Line, in-state New Haven Line services, and Amtrak trains operating between New Haven / Springfield (except Vermonter Trains 54, 55, 56 & 57). Not valid on private inter-city bus carriers or on other Amtrak routes. For a more specific list of participating transit systems go to

How to use the U-Pass:

Students must have their current student ID and the pass ready before boarding any bus or train. A train conductor will issue a ticket. If you are traveling across the state line, you will be charged the fare from the Connecticut border to your destination (i.e. Greenwich to New York City). The penalty fee normally charged for purchasing on board will be waived.

What happens if a student loses the pass?

Be careful not to fold, bend, or place the card near a magnet. Lost, stolen or destroyed passes should be reported to the issuing school. The student will be charged a $10 replacement fee and can receive only one replacement pass per semester. After that, students must wait for the next semester to get a new pass.

For more information, go to

For information on the local Housatonic Area Regional Transit servicing Danbury, Brookfield, New Milford, Bethel, Brewster, and Norwalk, go to

Please contact the SGA President, Carlos DosSantos, if you have any questions or concerns with the Transportation fee.


Effective Fall 2017, WCSU no longer bills full time students for health insurance, it is no longer necessary to submit a health insurance waiver.

Students that need health insurance may want to evaluate health care options via Access Health CT, Connecticut’s health insurance exchange or, if you are not a state resident, at You can contact Access Health CT online at or via telephone at 855-354-2428. An optional Aetna-sponsored Health Insurance Program will also be available for students to enroll on a voluntary basis starting on or about July 15th. On or after July 15th you may obtain more information about this plan at the Aetna Student web page located at,  use the drop box on the website to locate Western Connecticut State University.