Financial Aid Refunds
The Financial Aid Office will begin to disburse financial aid onto student’s accounts for the fall and spring semester on or around the first day of the semester. Due to a large number of accounts and funds being distributed, the Financial Aid Office requires up to three business days to complete their process. The Cashier’s Office will begin to process refunds immediately around disbursement date and we anticipate that direct deposit refunds will be available within 36 hours of disbursement. Students who do not sign up for e-refunds/direct deposit will have their checks mailed out within 36 hours of disbursement. For pickups, please contact the cashier’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be included in the pickup list. We anticipate that refund checks will be available for pick up on Wednesday, September 2. These are anticipated dates are subject to change.
An email notification will be sent to students’ WCSU email account when refunds have been processed.
To expedite your refund, please go online to set up your account for an e-refund (direct deposit):
- Go to bannerweb.wcsu.edu and click on the “Secure Login” button;
- Enter your WCSU Windows username and password and click on the “Login” button;
- Select the “CONNect Cash and EZpay” option under the Student Services Tab;
- On the right-hand side of the student view home page, find the “My Profile Setup” box and select “Electronic Refunds“;
- Select “Set up Account” and enter your checking account or savings account information. Please have your routing number and account number available when entering this information to ensure your account information is entered correctly. These account numbers can be found on your check or banking statements. Entering invalid or incorrect account information will delay your refund.
Financial aid recipients, please note: Financial aid is based on the expectation that students will initiate enrollment for the fall or spring academic semester. Three weeks after the start of the semester, students’ actual enrollment will be captured and any necessary financial aid adjustments, based on your enrollment, will take place. Such necessary adjustments may result in a balance due.
Please be advised that any changes in your enrollment status may affect your financial aid eligibility including:
- Adding/Dropping a course(s)
- Enrolling in less than 12 credit hours
- Stop Attending or Never Attending course(s)
- Officially withdrawing or being Administratively withdrawn
- Academic Progress
Checks Issued in Error: In the event that the Bursar’s Office issues you a refund check or via direct deposit in error, the University reserves the right to reclaim such funds. Any changes to your financial aid award may result in a balance due to the university.
*Excludes Parent PLUS loans as those require additional processing time and refunds are not issued to students unless authorized on the parent plus loan application.