Update on Reopening WCSU
Virtual Club Officer Training
Attention: Club Officers
If you were not able to attend the Club Officer Training session on August 29, the training is now available on-line. Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Treasurers are required to participate in training. If you want a refresher, you may also access the training.
Here’s how to complete the training on-line including the assessments:
1.Training will be available through Blackboard.
2. Watch the entire recorded videos and any other material attached.
- Be sure to view PowerPoint thoroughly.
3. Complete assessments.
- Note: You will be given 3 attempts to pass assessment with a minimum grade of 80%.
4. Training assessment must be completed by: Sunday, September 19
If you encounter any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL BASH 2021
September 16, 2021 | 6:30 to 9 p.m.
PAC Presents FALL BASH 2021! Come join us for fun, inflatables, entertainment and food on Thursday, September 16th on the Westside Campus Center North Patio!
October 3 – 10, 2021 | Details to be posted on W.O.W.
A homecoming for alumni, students, and families
We are excited to welcome alumni, parents and families to Western Connecticut State University this October.
Mark your calendars now for Homecoming 2021 and participate in the wonderful events planned for October 3 – 10, 2021
WCSU has certainly changed as it continues to grow. Homecoming is a perfect time for alumni to reunite with former classmates, and families to reunite with their students on campus. Come see the campus and partake in the many activities planned for WCSU’s alumni, students, parents, families and friends. Special activities have been planned for the entire university community including the Homecoming Bonfire, Tailgating, and the Homecoming Football Game. Come home to celebrate WCSU and the exciting university it is today. We look forward to seeing you!
Please pay particular attention to the campus on which each event will take place.
Midtown GPS location: 181 White Street, Danbury, CT
Westside GPS location: 43 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, CT
Make your travel arrangements now. Discounted hotel accommodations are available for WCSU alumni, parents and friends. When booking your reservation, be sure to mention that you are part of the WCSU Homecoming room block. We look forward to seeing you in October.
“RUN OR DYE” COLOR RUN
October 3 – 10, 2021 | 10:30 am
Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. Start time: 12:00 p.m.
Ives Concert Park Pavilion, WCSU Westside campus.
Free for WCSU students,
$10 pre-registration, $15 on Race Day.
Open to student, faculty, staff and the public.
The WCSU Recreation Department will host a 3mi Fun Run on the Westside campus.
Run or Dye: Get fit or dye trying is a 3MI that fires off in a blaze of color bombs;
color cannons, color mortars, (all made of colored corn starch dust)
and multi-toned courses that guarantee your outlook will be brighter.
Please bring a change of clothes, showers will be available after the race.
If interested please fill out the registration form and waiver available in the Berkshire Colonial Fitness Zone,
at the Recreation Desk (open to the public) or visit the WCSU Recreation website for more information:
CSI accepting applications for the Spring 2022 semester!
Position: Club and Organization Assistants (COA)
- CSI is seeking for an energetic and dependable student employee to:
- Provide excellent customer service: greet, assist and direct visitors
- Answer telephones in a courteous manner and direct callers to the proper source of information,
- Assist with general office clerical functions including filing, copying, shredding and errands
- Manage the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) front desk
- Maintain the CSI office in a professional and clean manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements / Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Experience working in an office setting is helpful but not required
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Responsible and dependable
- Basic computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient
Approximately 5-10 hours per week. Must be available to work a consistent weekly schedule and willing to cover shifts as needed. CSI office is open Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$13 / hour
Interested students should email their class/availability schedule and the completed application to email@example.com Attention: Oni Figueroa
Apply Today! CSI Student Worker Application