Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do students pay to purchase LiveText?
A: The cost of purchasing LiveText is $133 for the FEM edition. Your student LiveText account is a one-time purchase that is valid for 5 years from the date of purchase. You will be using LiveText throughout your Education courses and have access to your files and portfolio across semesters and beyond graduation.
If you had a Tk20 Account, you will be grandfathered into LiveText with a new account. You will need to respond to the key code email sent from LiveText to register your account.
Q: When are course assignments posted on LiveText?
A: Most course assignments in LiveText are collected toward the end of the semester, so course assignments may not appear in LiveText until the middle of each semester.
These dates may fluctuate some each semester, and faculty may request to have assignments posted in LiveText earlier if needed.
Q: Do I really need to buy LiveText?
A: Yes, all students in the Education & Educational Psychology Department are required to purchase LiveText. This one-time purchase, which is comparable in price to the cost of a textbook, is valid for up to 5 years from the date of your purchase
Q: I am a visiting student taking only one course do I need to purchase LiveText?
A: No, if you are a visiting student not enrolled in any WCSU program, you do not need to purchase LiveText.
Q: Why do I need to buy LiveText?
A: We are required by our accrediting bodies (CAEP, CACREP, NEASC) to maintain assessment systems to review the quality of our programs and students’ performance. In order to grant degrees and enroll students, we must maintain accreditation.
Q: When do I need to purchase LiveText?
A: You will need to purchase LiveText upon admission to any Education & Educational Psychology Department program. You must bring your license to the Education Department office by the mid-point of your first course.
Q: Where do I buy LiveText?
A: We recommend students purchase their LiveText Student Membership: Field Experience Edition directly from the LiveText website https://www.livetext.com
Q: What do I do if I forgot my LiveText password?
A: If you would like to receive an e-mail with a link to reset your password, please follow the steps listed below:
- Go to https://www.livetext.com
- In the upper right corner of your browser window and to the right of the “Login” button, click the link “Forgot?”
- Enter your school email address.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Make sure the first choice (“Email to”) is selected.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Check your e-mail account. Look for an e-mail from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a subject line that begins with “LiveText Password Reset Code for”. You may need to check your spam or trash folders if you do not receive the email in your inbox. Alternatively, you may need to add email@example.com to your address book to receive the email if your email provider is filtering the email from your account entirely.
- Your username will be located at the top of the email. Within the e-mail you’ve received, click the link provided. This should take you back to the LiveText website and you should see a message stating “Reset your password”.
- Enter a new password for your account in the textboxes labeled “New Password” and “Confirm New Password”. The password must be identical in both boxes. The password must be at least six characters in length and contain a mix of character types with at least two from the following categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numeral, and symbols. It is your responsibility to safekeep your username and password if you choose to write it down.
- Click the “Continue” button. At this point, you will receive a confirmation message on screen that states “your new password has been reset successfully”.
- Click the link “Continue to your LiveText Membership account”.
Q: If I need help with LiveText, who should I contact?
A: LiveText has a comprehensive online guide that will guide you through using the program at https://www.livetext.com/c1_help/ . You can also contact the LiveText Help Desk directly for support at 1-866-548-3839 or via firstname.lastname@example.org .