The mission of Western Connecticut State University’s Purchasing Office is to assist the University community in the procurement of goods and services. It is our goal to conduct all activities in the best interest of the University, provide procurement services in accordance with sound business and procurement practices, and comply with guidelines established by State of Connecticut and the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. Our goal is to procure goods and services to accommodate University needs in a timely and economical manner.
The Purchasing Office can help you make informed purchasing decisions by;
- Providing information about products, services, costs and delivery options
- Informing you about available University wide and State of Connecticut contracts and agreements
- Recommending suppliers who can best meet your requirements
- Negotiating contracts and pricing agreements
- Securing competitive bids
- Communicating purchasing policies and procedures