College Level Exam Program (CLEP)
|Now through August 31, 2021, students can save 50% when they register for another CLEP® exam.*
How to get the discount:
- Students must have taken another CLEP exam this year (or do so by August 31, 2021).
- During registration, students enter code CLEPSUMMER at checkout to receive 50% off one exam.
- Code is valid from June 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021.
Key discount details:
- It can only be applied to the CLEP exam fee.
- It can’t be applied to the remote proctoring fee.
- It’s limited to one exam per test taker.
* The CLEPSUMMER promotional discount is only available to individual test takers who took a CLEP exam between January 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021. The promotional discount is limited to one CLEP exam per CLEP test taker. The discount can be applied only to the CLEP exam fee between June 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021. The discount can’t be used on CLEP remote proctoring fees or on CLEP exams with active registration tickets purchased prior to June 1, 2021. The CLEPSUMMER promotional discount is nontransferable, not for resale, and not redeemable for cash. The promotional discount code expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 31, 2021
About College Level Exam Program (CLEP)
Whatever your reasoning for wanting to accelerate your path to a college degree, there is a College Level Examination Program, better known as CLEP test for you. The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) help you get college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course.
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a group of computer-based standardized tests created by College Board. CLEP offers 34 exams that cover what’s taught in introductory college courses, and most colleges award credit for qualifying scores, saving you time and money toward your degree. Each institution awards credit to students who meet the college’s minimum qualifying score for that exam, which is typically 50 to 60 out of a possible 80, but varies by site and exam.
These exams are useful for individuals who have obtained knowledge outside the classroom, such as through independent study, homeschooling, job experience, or cultural interaction; and for students schooled outside the United States. They provide an opportunity to demonstrate proficiency in specific subject areas and bypass undergraduate coursework. By passing a CLEP exam, you can earn 3 or more college credits. Most CLEP is a 90 minute computer-based multiple-choice exam. Acceptance of CLEP exams varies among institution.
CLEP Examinations at WCSU Testing Services
Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) follows the guidelines recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for awarding students credit for CLEP. Test credit is applied according to WCSU transfer credit policy at the time the scores are received and are normally posted to the student transcript within three weeks of the exam.
WCSU Testing Services is an open testing center, that is, any candidate from WCSU or other institution properly registered, may test here. WCSU Testing Services administers most CLEP examinations however WCSU accepts only selected CLEP exams. Advanced permission may be required for some CLEP examinations, so be sure to check with your academic advisor before registering for a CLEP.
TESTING DATES: Generally, CLEP exams are administered at WCSU one Saturday per month except for summer months.
Registrations forms are accepted, upon availability, until the Tuesday prior to the posted test dates. Once we receive your completed registration form with payment and it is approved, you will receive a detailed confirmation letter with the date selected, time and pertinent information prior to the selected test date. All communication from the Testing Services is conveyed through email including confirmation letters. It is your responsibility to follow up with the test center if you have not received confirmation prior to the test date.
Interested in taking a CLEP exam? Get Started
TESTING REGISTRATION FORM : Complete online, print, sign and mail or drop off your completed registration form along with the required fee payable to WCSU.
- Submit completed registration form with applicable fees (fees are non-refundable or transferable)
- Register at least 2 weeks prior to posted dates
- Registrations accepted up to the Wednesday at noon prior to posted dates
- Dates are available on a first-come first-served basis
- Sessions start at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Candidates are scheduled upon session availability
- Dates and fees are subject to change
- Alternative Testing Date – No longer available
Once the completed registration is received, you will receive a detailed confirmation letter with important information via email prior to selected test date. It is your responsibility to follow up with the test center if you have not received confirmation prior to the test date.
CLEP FEES: There are two separate non-refundable or transferable payments for each CLEP exam; an administration fee payable to WCSU and an exam fee payable to College Board (CLEP). The administration fee is to be submitted with the registration form payable by Money Order or walk-ins may pay in cash.
WCSU CLEP Administration / Registration Fee
|Type of Payment
$30.00 per exam
$45.00 per exam
|Money Order or Cash (Walk-in Only)
NO PERSONAL CHECKS
This fee is due with the registration form payable to WCSU
COLLEGE BOARD – College Level Exam Program (CLEP) Exam Fee
Payable to College Board; due prior to selected test date – visit: College Board
||Type of Payment
|$89.00 per exam
||Credit or Debit Card – Payable on-line
WCSU CLEP EQUIVALENCY CHART: View chart for CLEP exams accepted by WCSU and minimum score requirements.
Learning Express : WCSU Students Only. Free online CLEP practice examinations. WCSU students must create a free account to access the practice examinations.