Master of Ceremony – Craig Allen
Craig Allen is a meteorologist whose weather reports can be heard weekdays on WCBS Newsradio 880 (880 AM radio) in New York City and globally on Audacy.com. He also does freelance forecasting for the News 12 Networks.
Allen previously worked for WCBS-TV until September 2006 including CBS This Morning from 1996-1999. He has also done part time work for WNYW-TV and was the weekend meteorologist at WPIX-TV from 2010 to 2020.
Allen is a graduate of Farmingdale High School. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Stony Brook University in 1979 and has been the chief meteorologist on WCBS since 1981.
On April 27, 2021, Allen began his 40th year with WCBS-AM/880. He is now the longest running primary meteorologist on a radio station in the country.
Allen also added additional radio duties for CBS Radio News, providing information, data and forecasts for the radio network.
He volunteers as the gardener for his local civic association and works with several nonprofit and charitable organizations including the Long Island chapter of Autism Speaks, Island Harvest and animal rescues
Here are some of Craig’s accomplishments over the years:
- Meteorologist for WCBS880 since 1980
- TV weather broadcasts for CBS-TV, News 12 and FOX5
- Member of American Meteorological Society, Radio Seal of Approval since 1985; TV Seal of Approval since 1991
- Speaker at many schools, conventions and seminars concerning weather and safety
- Member of New York Press Club and A.F.T.R.A.