Housing & Residence Life


Looking for the Housing Application?

We've got an online system for housing.  Please select the WCSU HOUSING PORTAL button (top row, left below).  It will direct you to our online system (The Housing Director, by Adirondack Solutions), where you can complete your application once you have paid your housing deposit.

Video - Completing Your Application

Here's a video to help you as you complete your Current Student application:

Housing Application Hints

In order to live on campus, every potential resident must complete and submit a Housing Application by the appropriate due date (May 1st is the last date to submit an application for guaranteed fall housing).  You may fill out our application by clicking the WCSU Housing Portal button above only after being accepted to the University and having paid your Housing Deposit . Applications will be accepted after May 1st, however, and acted upon as space is available. Please remember that you will eventually be choosing your own room and roommate, but neither your building or roommate preference is guaranteed at any time in the process.

If a space becomes available in a room, suite, or apartment at any time, the Housing & Residence Life office retains the right to assign and refill that space.

The Housing Contract Cancellation Request is now located in your Housing Portal Self-Service.

In order to be released from the year-long housing contract, students must complete the Housing Contact Cancellation Request form.  This must be completed prior to the start of the semester for which the student is requesting to be released from the contract.  June 30th is the deadline for withdrawal/cancellation of housing for the Fall semester without penalty.  The Housing Deposit is still, however, non-refundable.

** Requesting a release from your contract in order to move off-campus (including moving home with parents) is not generally considered to be a reason to be granted a release without substantial information and evidence of financial hardship.**

Students who request cancellation after the first day of classes, if they are approved for cancellation, will receive a pro-rated refund for their meal plan. However, there is no refund for housing costs when a student cancels housing after the start of classes.

If you are experiencing a maintenance emergency (water leak pooling on the floor, fire, etc.) please go immediately to the Info Desk to report it.  If the Info Desk is closed, please call the RA Duty Phone to report the emergency.

After reporting the emergency, please ALSO complete the Maintenance Work Order form above.

For regular maintenance needs (lightbulbs, blinds issues, outlets, etc.), please fill out the form by clicking the button above.  It will ask for a description of the maintenance need.  Please be as clear as possible (e.g., "The electrical outlet under the left bed as you enter the room has been making a constant buzzing sound, and is not working.")  Be sure to list 3 times that your room will be available for maintenance to come to assess/repair the issue without you or your roommates present (to prevent interactions and germ spreading).  Maintenance is available (except in emergency situations) between 7 AM and 3 PM, Monday - Friday.)

When you have completed the form, click the SUBMIT  button.  The form will be sent to the RD, who will forward the request to Maintenance, and  you'll receive a copy to the email that you entered..

Again, for EMERGENCY Maintenance , please go immediately to your building's Info Desk, or if after hours, to an RA on duty, to report the emergency. Then submit a work order as a follow-up. Make sure to tell the desk staff this is an emergency situation!

Guests between the ages of 14 and 18 may be permitted to register and/or spend an overnight visit with a sibling or friend by providing this completed parental permission form.

Guests may not be younger than 14, unless accompanied at all times by the parent/guardian. No guests under age 14 may stay overnight.

Forms are due to HRL:

  • Guests wanting to visit Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday must submit this form by no later than 12 pm (noon) on the day prior to the visit
  • Guests wanting to visit Saturday, Sunday, or Monday must submit this form prior to 12 pm (noon) on the Friday preceding the visit.

Guests may be refused entry to the building if forms are not received by the deadlines.

If your student athlete is coming for a recruiting visit, DO NOT complete this form for the overnight stay.  Instead, speak to your coach about completing a Student Athlete Visit Permission Form.  

Students who require housing accommodations must fill out the application and present appropriate documentation.

For complete instructions on special housing accommodations, please see this Guidelines and Instructions formopens PDF file  .

General Forms

The department collects a “Missing Persons Confidential Contact Form at check in from all residents.  If you wish to change your confidential contact, you must complete this form and bring it to the Housing & Residence Life offices in Newbury Hall.  Your old form will be removed from our files and shredded, and the new contact information will be updated as indicated on your form.

This book offers information about University regulations, students rights and judicial procedures. This is a must read for every student on campus.

The H&RL Guide covers a wide variety of topics that affect life on campus, ranging from residence hall staff and student leadership opportunities to roommate conflict resolution and visitation policies.

Generally, if you believe you need to return to campus earlier than your scheduled move-in time, you may request an early move-in. There is a $45.00 per day charge for early arrival. Please log into the WCSU Housing Portal to fill out the Early Arrival Form. The Form is due on Friday, August 18, 2023 by noon.

The Intersession Application is available on the Housing Portal.  

Please log into the Portal and choose Applications and Forms from the left menu, where you will then select the Intersession 2023 application.

Students who currently live on campus and who are returning for the spring may opt to stay for Intersession if they are taking a class, participating in an active varsity sport, working on campus, or are housing insecure.  Pinney and Grasso Halls will be the only halls open, and students are responsible to finding their own space to stay if they do not currently live in those halls.  There is no meal plan in effect, and limited food service is available during the break (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 2 pm in the Daily Grind, usually).