About the Office
The International Services Office is located in the Midtown Student Center and assists international students from admissions through graduation with a variety of services. This includes advising F-1 students on federal immigration regulations to aid in maintaining lawful status.
The international services coordinator organizes support services for international students and promotes international awareness and understanding on the campus in a variety of ways. Her office commits to ease transition from one cultural experience to another and helps international students to secure the most benefits from their WCSU experience.
The international services coordinator offers guidance with F-1 visa-related questions, employment , housing and other situations unique to international students. She works actively with the academic deans and various offices concerning progress or difficulties for students adjusting to a new academic setting and cultural environment. She also serves as the adviser to the International Student Association.
International student support services include:
- Pre-departure details and first-arrival planning
- Information and assistance on immigration policies and regulations
- Guidance on internships through Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Critical Training (CPT).
The International Services Office handles two key areas at WCSU.
- Support of non-immigrant students holding F-1 visa (and their dependents) as a post-admissions service. We provide orientation and ongoing support and guidance of the non-immigrant federal regulations.
- Support of ISEP Exchange students.