Located on the Academic Affairs side of the third floor of University Hall, the Institutional Research and Assessment (IRA) office is generally open between 9:00 and 5:00, Monday through Friday.
Jerry Wilcox, Ph.D., Director WilcoxJ@wcsu.edu (203) 837-8242
The mission of the IRA office is to improve the quality of information for problem solving, decision making, assessment, planning, and effective management of the University.
- Serve on accreditation committees for NECHE and CAEP.
- Serve on the WCSU Assessment Committee and WCSU Committee for Undergraduate Curriculum and Academic Standards (CUCAS).
- Represent WCSU at system-wide meetings of the Institutional Research Council and the Assessment Council.
- Coordinate responses to Federal and state surveys and information requests.
- Summarize faculty workload, enrollment, retention, graduation rates, credit hour production, and related topics for the Provost and academic deans.
- Summarize Student Opinion Surveys for evaluation of classroom instruction, using Remark software and an OpScan6 scanner.
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from faculty and staff.
Edited April 29, 2019