Professional Development Fund
Article 22.6 Professional Development Funds
It is the policy of the Board of Regents and SUOAF-AFSCME to encourage administrative faculty members to advance professionally. The Board agrees to provide a system to allow members to participate in educational or professional programs.
Professional Development Committee
All completed applications should be submitted to the Professional Development Committee. Supporting documentation must be submitted with your request.
Professional Development Application Guidelines
- The maximum award for each member under the SUOAF-AFSCME CBA $1,500 per fiscal year.
- Applications must be received minimally, two weeks in advance of the event for which funds are requested.
- Applications will be reviewed as long as there are funds available to award to membership.
- Funding will not be granted for requests when the event has occurred.
- Funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Timeliness and proper completion of the application are both important factors.
- All applications must be for professional development that directly enhances a member’s position at the University.
- Fees for particular conference (registration, travel, lodging, per diem, mileage, etc.)
- Computer based training, subscriptions to appropriate publications, or other appropriate items related to your professional development.
- Funds will not be granted for memberships, licensing fees, or the like.
- Completed applications should be emailed to the Professional Development Committee members.
- Please contact the committee if you have questions regarding your application.